Pack Holiday Training licence training
This is being planned for Saturday 18 February 2012. Please contact Angela for more information and to advise you will be attending.
Residential Holiday Training
Going away with girls has always been a valuable component of guiding and continues to play an important role in the programme. If you are interested in taking girls away overnight, for a weekend or for longer the content covered on this training day will be useful. Our aim is to hopefully inspire leaders to take girls away for the first time, encourage and support leaders working on modules in the holiday licence, and be a refresher for those who have taken girls away before.
Date: Saturday 18th February 2012
Venue: Resolis Free Church, Black Isle
Time: 10am for a 10.30am start until 4pm
Please bring a packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Topics to be covered are:
- Ideas for Residential Holiday (primarily Brownies) - themes and activities
- Collecting evidence to support your experience, when undertaking modules in the holiday qualification scheme. The role of the mentor/verifier in the process.
- Preparation and organisation required for taking girls away overnight.
- Health and hygiene
- Budgeting and finance
- Communication with parents
- Safety and security
- Using outside instructors/agencies